Current mood:arousedIf you're in a band you must follow these not so simple directions..or you're fucked. Failure to follow these not so simple directions and you'll be player hated on, cast out, frowned upon, talked shit about and generally made to look like a giant asshole by your detractors. But you'll learn, like I did. That success is the best revenge and everyone who hates is usually a fucking loser anyway and insignificant to your musical future. Cheers!
* If you're in band dont do well or make a move to rise to the top...or your a phony poser.
* If you're in a band dont try and promote scene unity by doing compliation cd's and putting shows together to release them. You'll be ripped off by at least 1 band and then made to look like the bad guy asshole to their fans when you wont play with them or give them any more shows.
* If you're in a band dont even think about being seen with more than 1 hot chick a year or she's a skanky slut and you're a male whore who is only in a band for the pussy. You ARE NOT A SERIOUS MUSICIAN!
* If you're in a band you MUST be ready at all times to talk on I.M. to any and all fans/stalkers for as long as they wish. You're time does not matter. The paid $5 to come to your last show in the area...3 years ago.
* If you're in band NEVER turn down shots or beers because you're trying to be professional and not get drunk before you go on stage. Condition yourself punk. This aint grandmas basement!
* If you're in a band NEVER give another band a show in a show swap without getting a solid date back from them at the time. Why? Because the date from them usually NEVER comes unless you have a strong working relationship with them already. I've heard it all.
* If you're in a band never compare yourselves to how you're doing to bands under you. Its easy to think you're doing well by looking at the lack of success of others. Look to the PROS. The big boys. The touring nationals. See how they do things..and emulate it. Theres nothing wrong with being a weekend warrior. But you're not going to get the respect from your national peers you may be looking for by being the "KING OF "INSERT TOWN HERE". You're just a shit stain in the drawers of a touring band as soon as the bus call starts and they leave with your bottle of liquor.
* If you're in a band ALWAYS REMEMBER the fans are the ONLY ones who matter. Win the love and respect of the fans, you can play ANYWHERE.